Problems using Custom forms with Localization

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hello,

i'm using Custom Forms module 1.5 inside Orchard cms 1.5 version.

i have to manage navigation in 2 languages, so i installed localization module and culture picker module.
I have created a custom content type called "Contact" and then associated it to Custom Form instance.I have 2 instances of Custom form, one for Italian and the other one for English.

When i try to publish the 2 instances for having them displayed on the menu, i get this error:

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Property accessor 'ContentType' on object 'Orchard.CustomForms.Models.CustomFormPart' threw the following exception:'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor 'ContentType' on object 'Orchard.CustomForms.Models.CustomFormPart' threw the following exception:'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Orchard.CustomForms.Models.CustomFormPart.get_ContentType() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) at System.Web.Mvc.DataAnnotationsModelValidator.<Validate>d__1.MoveNext() at System.Web.Mvc.ModelValidator.CompositeModelValidator.<Validate>d__5.MoveNext() at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.OnModelUpdated(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.GetPropertyValue(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor, IModelBinder propertyBinder) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperty(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperties(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.UpdateCollection(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, Type elementType) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.GetPropertyValue(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor, IModelBinder propertyBinder) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperty(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperties(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.TryUpdateModel[TModel](TModel model, String prefix, String[] includeProperties, String[] excludeProperties, IValueProvider valueProvider) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.UpdateModel[TModel](TModel model, String prefix, String[] includeProperties, String[] excludeProperties, IValueProvider valueProvider) at Orchard.CustomForms.Controllers.AdminController.Index(FormCollection input) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

Alternatively, i try to publish the second Custom form going into the detail page of management, i try to publish, i get no errors, but the menu in English in the front office doesn't show the tab of "contacts"

Which could be the solution, according to you?

Is there a problem using Localization and Custom form module at the same time?

Thanks in advance to everyone who will reply

Bye

Giulio